Thursday, March 24, 2011

SharePoint: Getting script error at my custom page

In my sharepoint site, at my custome page we are getting script error at the left bottom of the browser:

probelm: [script error: document.getElementByID(..) ID not found or null]
here when i check using internet explorer debug option, i found a block of script which is trying to search the sharepoint search text box and renaming its dynamic id to some value(on page load) and also adding event for the sharepoint search text box.

Resolution:
when i checked master page of the page[where the sharepoint search control exists], it is commented.
so i uncommented the search_placeholder and added Visible="false" property to the contentholder.
problem solved

Regards,
JK

No comments:

Post a Comment